Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gateworld

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Achika
Admin
Achika

The Gateworld Empty
PostSubject: The Gateworld   The Gateworld Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:35 pm

--------------------------------------------------------

So there's this gate, right? Supposedly it can connect to anywhere, even the regions in your mind. You could relive your dreams. No, more than that. It could make you a part of that dream, if you want.

I mean, man, that anything you ever wanted, ever sought for, could be yours. Just go to the gate and...

No! I'm not falling for it!

What? No, man, no. This is the real thing. Just try it. Anything you want. Think about that. Anything!

But what If you're wrong?

Don't do this to me now. Look at me. I changed to what I wanted, right? I have everything now. Looks, the lines, ...the power! You could have it to! Go try it! C'mon!

But...you don't look like...

It's all a part of it! Now go try it before I have to push you in there! C'mon! C'MON!

Wh-what are you doing?! No! Stay away from me!

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Flashy intro aside, this is about a gate that can make everything in your wildest dreams come true. The catch? It doesn't do jack. Instead it warps you inside its world. A sadistic world were even the ground rises up, trying to choke the life out of you.

In your place comes a being a hate, destruction, malevolence. In your stead, it enters the world as the first magical creatures and starts tearing our material framework asunder.

So what happens? If you manage to come out of the world alive, the being will die and retreat back into the gate. You gain all the power the demon had, even if they weren't what you wanted. For the ones who die...well...their creature stays. If everybody dies, the Earth will die.

This is the struggle, and a race, to get out of the world, warn the people, prepare the people, and finally, kill any creature before it can corrupt the world enough to were it becomes irreparable.

Can you do it?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Okay, guidelines-rules, whatever you want to call them.

Powers, when I said them it was a general statement for any desire, material or not that the humans have. Be it a sexy body, becoming a cyborg, living the life of a GOD.

The gate judges you on your desires and puts you farther and farther back into its world as your desires become worse and worse. As you approach the exit, the world will become more and more intent on killing you until everything seems to rise up at once to suck your life out.

Note that the gateworld is not without remorse. It sends nobody in not able to come out. It is a test of strength, courage, and all human traits combined into one. Seeing as how one could die so, so easily without help, the gateworld gives you three choices:

Magical: (Anything you deem here except for summoning. Below is the reason for this)

Physical:

Other: (Anything not in those two categories, naturally)

***Note that summoning probably won't be allowed or isn't that great because all the things you could summon would come from directly within the gateworld, meaning that they would most likely turn against you.***

I think there will be two major parts to this:

The trials as a human through the gateworld, and the life after the gateworld and trying to stop the beings that infect the Earth.

This is part one, part two is after part one is completed.

--------------------------------

Roles:

I was thinking that everybody controls their human and the creature. What the creature is remains entirely up to you. It could be a demon, it could be a serpent. It could be another human except with a fanatical taste in violence.

So, if it isn't too much to ask, please make roles for your character and your being so we can have real-time effects of what happening in the real world while you travel in the GateWorld.

Since the GateWorld is an entity by itself that tries killing you, it could be classified as the antagonist of the humans, and thus, I will be role playing it. This is very important. No godmoding, overpowering or anything.

IMPORTANT!!!! The aid does not make you powerful! It helps you survive! Nothing more! I will crush you if you get cocky and think your powers can protect you against everything!

IT IS VERY STRESSED THAT ALL PEOPLE IN THE GATEWORLD ARE MORTAL AND ON A RUN FOR THEIR LIFE!

No picnic walking. Rests are taken under extreme caution with the penalty of death every second. There are safe havens but even they can become defiled and this should make a fantasy horror. Not action. You are trying to survive. Survive! Not kick the living crap out of everything with your powers.

Fantasy action would be part two, after you have gotten your real powers and left the GateWorld.

This is not to say that you cant be strong. You can actually be very powerful. But the world always remains stronger no matter what you do. Otherwise it would make the challenge a lot less exciting and deadly.

I hope that didn't just eliminate the few people interested in the RP Sad

-----------------------------------------

Character build:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Background:

Aide Chosen: (Once you select your general category, you may become specific.)

Desire: (This would be the reason for entering the gateworld)

-----------------------------------------

Demon Build

Name:

What it is:

What it does:

Personality:

-------------------------------------------

If you have any questions feel free to ask Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://achikasephiroth.deviantart.com

The Gateworld
Page 1 of 1